Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fairpark Aquarium

We headed to the Fairpark Aquarium in Dallas last week and it was fun..not life changing, not thrilling..but fun.  I opted to go there as opposed to the big Dallas one because of cost..and now I know why this one was less expensive!!  It was fun, but we were through it and done in an hour! 
Poor Easton..he wanted to get out, but didn't want to walk..bad combo:(
Charlie thought the seahorses were super cool and I had to agree..those things fascinate me...and no, I will not comment on weather or not I knew they were real until I was 22....Come on, Sea-Horses???.....that just sounds fake:)
The pale members of the family with our albino alligators:)
Sharks are cool regardless of how small they are!
Charlie was "teaching" Easton all about the stingrays and sharks, cause he is an expert you know!  Now that he touches stingrays, he has become a full on expert!

This stingray he DID notice!  But wasn't all that impressed..
Check out his face..he thought he was super cool!!  I loved how brave and fearless he was..this time:)
He told me it helped that they were smaller..the bigger ones are scary/overwhelming..I'll give him that:)
Don't you love how all 3 boys smile and look my way....
After dinner that night we headed out to the porch to paint with sidewalk chalk...Charlie enjoyed it and it was so much fun we did it again yesterday with my sister in law and her kiddos.....the recipe is super simple..its equal parts cold water and cornstarch.  When you add food coloring aim for pastel colors not bold colors..the bold ones can tint your driveway/porch if your not careful.  I have made like 8 colors and each time go a little bolder and we have yet to have staining!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

You are too funny... literally laughed outloud at the sea horse comment. ;)