Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All about Easton

My little/big man is making progress.  It's slow, but its progress!  I thought I'd toss out an update on Easton..He is now taking steps...he will take 4-10 steps..the more he takes depends on how much he is paying attention to the fact that he is walking!  One of the specialist from ECI pointed out that older kids are naturally more cautious when they walk since they know it will hurt when they fall....hello Easton...my cautious boy.  His biggest problem is his confidence and second is his balance.  As a mom I panicked a bit and flash forwarded to the awkward teenage years and worried that he would still lack confidence then...panic:( 
My boys are so different and I feel like I am just getting a grasp on how to best parent Charlie for his personality..and like all parents..I now have to do an complete change up in that style for Easton.  I knew they would be different..but they are polar opposites in many aspects.  I have to go full out angry mom to get Charlie's attention and if I look at Easton without a huge grin he sometimes tears up...yikes, I gotta be on my game!!  Anyhow, I have just been trying to change things up a bit and be more sensitive to Eastons "cautiousness"..I don't want to add to his confidence issues.  My prayer is that once he gets a grasp on walking that all things will not be a challenge to him..that some things will be natural and that he grows up confident...maybe even a little cocky...okay, only the good kind of cocky:)
So, I have PT here every week and some other specialist too.  This week we have 3 coming..so its always intersting trying to find time for everyone with their schedules, mine, Charlie's school and most importantly..nap time.  Getting a tired boy to do what you want him to do does not go well:)  Everyone still feels they will be in our lives for just a blip of time and then be gone..and that's what we are hoping for!:) 
Here are some sweet pics of my baby from the park last week!

love.that.smile

Sweet boy can launch a ball....like far

love the look on his face!


His super wide stance is also something they/we are working on..

And he makes sure to clap for himself..everytime:)


So gratefull that I was chosen to be this sweet boys mommy:)

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Ok, if you ever need a sounding board (I bet you have tons of them at work and stuff, but still...) for the whole therapy-thing, YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL. It's awesome. But it's hard. And I get it.

He is BEYOND adorable, and I want to squeeze him. The end. ;)