Tuesday, April 19, 2011

goodwill purchase

I have been wanting to go to Goodwill and find a small piece of furniture to redo..and I finally did.  I dropped Charlie and Bradley off at soccer practice the other night and right down the road is a Goodwill.  I ran in and saw this beauty..well, I was hoping she could be a beauty!  I had no idea where to put it, what to do with it..but I loved that hardware1  I really wanted to paint this a light turquoise or maybe a pale yellow, but Bradley was already less than thrilled that I bought it...so why make him hate it more by putting color on it!  I think I finished this in 3 1/2 naps..not bad!
I sanded, painted, sanded, distressed, stenciled and added some scrapbook paper..nothing big or hard.

The sides had messed up wood and instead of making my little project a big project, I opted to cover the majority of the bad wood with scrapbook paper as opposed to pulling out the bad sides and putting in new wood. 
 It turned out to be the kids "craft stuff" holder, so it didn't need to be perfect!

In addition to the kids "craft stuff holder", it often tends to be the "kid holder"....still think it would have been fun if it were turquoise.  Maybe another goodwill day in my future?!?!?

1 comments:

Tylene said...

That is hilarious b/c as soon as I saw the pic (but before I read the post) I thought how wonderful it would look if it were painted turquoise. However, I still love the distressed/scrapbook paper look, too.