Thursday, April 21, 2011

another craft project!

So, I have decided to run a half marathon..in Nov..and I have started training.  Most of you know that my husband has been busy for the last 2 1/2 years and will be for a while longer...so training/running involves help from my parents and in laws.  Occasionally I'll take the kids in the double stroller, but pushing 100lbs..even if it has wheels..does not make for a great run for me!  So, last week my mom watched the kids  4 evenings so I could run. 
 I saw a lamp at her house and ask her if I could redo it as a thanks for watching the kids that week.  I had a project in mind and I had everything that I needed on hand..those are the greatest!  Mom said to me "make sure you take a before picture" and I replied "I always do!"...and then forgot a before picture! 
I did grab one of the lamp shade before I started!..Just imagine the base a bright gold!

This is the after..no matter how many pictures and different angles I take I cannot make it look like what it looks like in person...the lines are less subtle I guess.  

Once again, cooler in person!  The idea came from this site..that I love.  I like theirs better, only cause I am still wanting to do something a blue/turquoise color.  Still haven't found a place where that color will match!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love Tatertotsandjello! I get a lot of great ideas from there too!

Katie said...

You are talented. So awesome.