Christmas break around our house was not real relaxing because we we getting all of our projects done! We are trying to get as ready for #2 as possible. With Charlie there was only 2 weeks from when we got the call until he was home with us and since we have Charlie this time around I just am not as confident that I can get as much done in 2 weeks this time. Although, since we are getting ready you know that means we will get picked by a birth mom who has like 3 months till delivery!
That was always a prayer when we were waiting on charlie..that we did not have to wait long from when we got picked until the delivery..I think I remember saying I would love a 2 week wait! As stressful that 2 week wait was for us and how little sleep I got..I would love another short 2 week wait.
Anyway, we got a lot done on Charlie's big boy room and we decided to leave the nursery a nursery..so hopefully before # 2 gets here he will be almost transitioned to his big boy bed..if not I guess we will be getting another crib! We also got to cleaning out the WHOLE house. Our guest room was our place where were we stored all our extra stuff..so needless to say there was lots of rearranging and re-organizing. In the process I found this item... Wanna know how old this is...13 years old. It is from mine and Bradley's Valentines Date from when we were 15....yes, I am aware what this makes me look like!! I saved everything he touched our gave me from when we dated almost 15 years ago. I threw almost all of it away except for the letters, but you should have seen Bradley's face when I showed him this and explained what it was...he so had that "Bless her heart face"!!!!!!!
So, as far as the adoption stuff stands I heard from our caseworker yesterday and all we are waiting on to do the home study is our finger print clearance from the FBI. She said since it was our second adoption and shes pretty sure were not criminals that we may be able to proceed with the home study and just wait for the fingerprint clearance to make it all official. I also thought we were not going to have get our 6 hours of parenting classes since we just took them 16 months ago, but she thinks now we may have to do them. So pretty much no chance of a repeat from our first adoption..meaning that we probably wont get chosen as quickly as we did with Charlie this time around..no biggies though. We got pick on the same day as our approval last time and the chance of that happening again are like almost slim to nothing..but a girl can dream right!

For all those that have been griping that I have been slacking on blogging..this is why! I sat down for 10 min to blog and I come out and there are Kleenex all over my house. Sweet child is tall enough to open any drawer and pull anything out..the joys of parenting!!!...and yes, he was running from me in this picture..not because the camera was out, but because he knew he was in trouble!

4 comments:
....get used to what you see in that picture. there will be MANY days of him running from you b/c he has done something he wasn't supposed to do! :) i see it every single day!!!!
good luck with all of the adoption "stuff" with #2!! i know the waiting stinks, but he/she will be at home with you before you know it!
That was really helpful of Charlie to put the tissues all over the floor. That way you can just bend over when you need one and not open the drawer up. He's such an angel.
Plus, I think the running away is adorable and cute b/c he's my nephew.
Amie--Thank you for taking the time to share your story with me. It is encouraging to me--it helps to read others' stories that have had positive and happy outcomes. I know God is good--congratulations on #2!
Hey Amie - I remembered that you had adopted and Hiedi reminded me again. Kelby and I are starting to save up money for either the adoption process or more fertility treatments. Would mind giving me some insight, we are not sure where to begin? We did however find a couple of agencies that we might be interested in going through. My email is hayhaygib@yahoo.com
Post a Comment