Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Home study date!

I got a call last night from our caseworker that will be doing our home study. I have never met her before, but she seemed so nice over the phone and super easy to talk to! Which will be nice when she comes and hangs out at our house for 2 hours! I guess everything is still lining up for us to be "available" to birth moms by March!

I kinda love this part of the home study..I get in full fledged OCD mode and everything that has needed to be done for some time will get done in the next 2 weeks..I am finishing up Charlie's new room today..hopefully. I guess I can tell I am getting older by how long my projects are taking me now. I used to start one and not do anything else until it was done...this one will be three weeks before it's almost done! I guess things take longer when you can only work during nap time..and when the work needing to be done is in the nap room..you can see why this is taking forever!
The transition to the big boy bed has been great! We did one week of just testing it out and then I decided to go full force into new bed. A lot of people told me that their kids were old enough to understand moving into a big bed so they had no problems. I decided last Tues was the day of no more crib..so before bed I just talked to him and explained what was going on..in words a 17 month old can get...he slept all night! I am such a dork that I never thought to talk to him like a big kid..he has done awesome since!


You know I cannot post without a picture..here is one of my favorites of Charlie and Libby!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

YAY! It makes me SO excited that you are pregnant on paper again!! It must be so wonderful and so stressful at the same time, so prayers going up here regarding all things associated with #2! Love you! Happy OCDness!

Michelle said...

Oh good! I'm happy for you!
Can't wait to see some pictures of Charlie's big boy room. I'm glad that the big boy bed is going good for you! I bet you're relieved. I'm big on talking to the kiddos like big kids. No baby talk here. I'm also big on going cold turkey on all things transitional! Everyone seems fine around here.I think?! :)

What can I say? said...

Congratulations on setting the date! Enjoy OCD cleanliness. It will never last once you have 2 to chase after.

MELANIE said...

So glad you got a home study date lined up!! I can't wait to get all of this started (well, I can more than you can!). Glad you posted that adorable picture! :)

MELANIE said...

So glad you got a home study date lined up!! I can't wait to get all of this started (well, I can more than you can!). Glad you posted that adorable picture! :)

Anonymous said...

THis is all great news! SO excited for yall... Can't wait to see Charlie's room either. DId you get the bear rug??

Anonymous said...

Amie that is wonderful!!! Let me know if you need help with anything.:o)
Shannon

amie said...

Still cannot decide on the bear rug..Lots of his room is kinda undecided!!