Thursday, July 17, 2008

My baby got his hair cut!!

My first thought was "I have buyers remorse"...can you have buyers remorse with a haircut?? It looks great and needed to be evened out, but the lack of curls kinda makes me sad. I don't even think I am that person who loves curly hair, it just makes him look older now..and that makes me sad...me and every other parent who took their kiddo for their first hair cut! At the end of the day..I am glad it is done and the lady told me it would grow better and hopefully more even now..and I love the fowhawk I can do on his hair now!!!

He was in the yellow taxi..how cute are these chairs!!

In front of him was a wall of mirrors..greatness since he loves to look at himself..and then a big TV showing "The Incredibles". Between playing with the steering wheel, looking at himself, and then watching TV...he was set!!!

This was at dinner..hence the thumb in the mouth..it goes in when he sees food or his cup. I took these as my after photos, but clearly they are not doing a good job since you cannot even see my fowhawk! The one below is a little better! Love the way he is kind cutting his eyes at me!

These videos will probably only be enjoyed by family..but feel free to watch anyway!! He cracks me up with the steering wheel!

He is so uninterested in the hairstylist it cracks me up..btw..not my voice in the background. I got the "first haircut" package that came with photo and his curls, so that is the person working there..her voice is in a few of these.

I was wondering how long it would take for him to start grabbing at it!

His faces were cracking me up in this one..way to many videos..sorry!!!

6 comments:

MELANIE said...

Awwww, he DOES look like a big boy!! So stinkin' cute! He did GREAT too! :)

Jodi said...

NO such thing as too many videos! Too cute! He is just too cute! And he was SO good!!!

I need to have R's hair trimmed up, but I am afraid her curls will be gone for good... so I still refuse to cut it...

Amber said...

I am so impressed at how well he did with the clippers! What a cute place to get a haircut.

Your mom emailed me the pic that she scanned, I think it's the one that the hair peeps took---it is precious. Such a big boy. I'm sorry, but he is........

Tracy said...

awww. first haircut :) it's such a big milestone for us moms! i love the kiddy haircut places, it's such a great invention!

Addison said...

Get over it Amie, it's just a haircut!!!!

Addison said...

I'm kidding people!!!
However I do like his hair even better now!!! Love that you will be able to "style" it now. Can't believe he's here with us and has been for almost a year!!! I still remember you talking to Shannon and I a year ago this time of year, about the possibility of getting him. And now he's here!!!He's a sweetie!!!