Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's not the Prom; it's the deer lease

So, last weekend Bradley, me and Charlie went to the deer lease with my parents and Adam. So, this is your warning that there are pictures below of animals that are "not so much alive" anymore..if that bothers you...hit the back button now!! I grew up going to the deer lease with my Daddy..I think my first visit was when I was 3 weeks old. It was always a special Daddy-Daughter bonding time. Dad took each of us once a year and we went on our own weekend and when you were down there it was all about you...seeing why I like this place!! Bradley has surpassed me on skill level, but I can always hold over his head that I have been doing this 28 years now..beat that!! I love all the memories that I have as a child with my Dad at the lease and I love that those memories are now being made with Charlie and my nieces nephews. It is such a great time as a family...there is a TV now with cable, but no one really watches it cause the Hunting Channel is always on. So you find yourself doing other things..riding the four wheeler, playing games, napping(!!!) and chasing goats ( that's for you Christy). I was "teaching" Charlie his animals at the deer lease and we covered..goats, deer, boars, lama, cow, bulls, snakes and more stupid goats. It's just soo different down there from our daily life and that makes it such a nice break!

So, I went hunting and shot my first buck (the deer with horns)..I have always in the past shot Does (girls)..so this was a big year..my first opportunity to shot at a Buck. I technically got my first chance my Jr or Sr year in high school, but got really nervous and missed when I shot! So I shot and it was a "sweet" shot..it fell instantly and never moved..kind of me! So when we get back to camp to take pictures I said to Bradley " I wished I did not look so nasty and maybe had some make up on cause we could get some great pic, since were all in camo"...his response " It's the deer lease Amie, not the Prom"..thanks! So, any time the rest of the weekend that someone commented on my looks I just informed them "It's the deer lease, not the prom"

I tucked my socks in to block drafts..it was cold!!..remember..not the prom He had such a great time! And he loves to sit in that little high chair. He has never loved leaning back, always wanting to sit upright and now he can!!
Love the matching camo..he loves his uncle Adam!!
Imagine if I were showered and all prettied up..this pic could have been good!

My first Buck..it was a nine point. The ninth point was a sticker..meaning it is smaller and just barely over an inch long..so you can only see it in some pics.

It was not super wide cause the front horns curve so far in towards each other, but it was a very thick rack... I got told " Nice Rack" all weekend..nice!

Moms came to watch Charlie so mommy and daddy could hunt all weekend..so it was a win-win for everyone!! I loved that they all got to see him so much that weekend cause they got to see him smile all the time, giggle and see so much more of his personality!

I had like 20 smiling pics in the high chair..I think I narrowed it down and kept like 3 or 4 of them! Grandaddy and Charlie..love this picture!!! Thanks Melanie for the camo PJ's..they have come in so handy! We took Charlie and Libby to Portrait Innovations to get their picture together for a Christmas gift for Allene..we went ahead and gave them to her since they were Christmas themed. Both kids did so great. It really was enjoyable and not time consuming..and we got some AWESOME pictures!!
Love how he is holding her hand!! He tried to get her ear in his mouth, but mommy intervened!!

Libby did so good and we even managed to get one with a smile from her..which is awesome since she was just a few days shy of being one month! Love how she looks bored with all of us in this pic.
This is the one on the Christmas card..so act surprise if you get one!! I love that every pic I ordered of him he has a huge smile!!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

LOVE those big ole smiles from that boy!!! I just want to squeeze him!! Can't wait to see y'all soon. :)

I'm not a fan of your shooting Bambi, but I'll forgive ya. :) Looks like you had so much fun. And what do you mean... you TOTALLY look ready for the prom!

John and Bevin said...

The picture of you and Bradley and Charlie at the deer lease is wonderful! You look great, with out being all done up. The pictures are completely precious! You guys have such a good lookin' family! Can't wait to see you!!!

Tracy said...

cute pics! especially the last one of charlie!! his smile is so cute.

oh, and i agree. nice rack. i dont think i've ever said that to a girl before! :)

Alicia said...

Sweet!! I am so proud that you shot a buck.... and even better that your dad didn't take the gun away from you, unlike some dad's I know. :) Maybe I can go one weekend this year since it goes through January.

Amber said...

you look like you are 12 years old in the picture w/ your socks tucked into your pants.

annalee said...

you are so cool with your hunting skills! and i love bradley's quote, too funny.
charlie looks adorable, as always, in every picture.

Amber said...

I'm looking at these w/ Sage. She said, "Charlie is just cracking up in these pictures. Oh, Libby didn't feel like smiling this year."

She wants me to tell you:
I like the pictures. Charlie looks cute, this year. I can't wait to visit you again. Love, Sage

Noah wants to say:
I love Charlie. I really love Charlie so, so, so, so much. I love Amie so, so, so much and Bradley so, so, so much too.

Abbe said...

I LOVE the Christmas pics and can't wait to proudly display Charlie on my fridge. I must say I think the razzle dazzle hat is a great way to prom up the deer lease and make a girl feel super cute no matter what the rest of her attire is!