Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bat Cake

I saw a recipe on one of the food blogs that I follow for a bat cake..and it involved dying your icing, so I was in!  When the blogs do the step by step, how to's..it's to easy sometimes to not do it!!  Anyway, I had planned to make this cake on Halloween..but we know how that day went..so I made it on Tuesday.  I figured Charlie had no idea that I should be making a turkey shaped cake this months instead of a bat cake, and he was who I was making it for anyway!  Needless to say, he thought it was the greatest cake!..and I thought it tasted AWESOME!!  The bat is just a 9 inch cake pan cut in half, so there was not a lot of cake, but since I leave for vacation that involves a swimsuit soon, we shared 3/4 of it with my sister-in-law...Charlie was less then thrilled to share his cake, downright angry is more like it!  I had sent off the cake to share before I had tried it..and that was a good thing.  If I had tried it first then I would have for sure saved us more then 1/2 a wing!!
So excited!...can you tell we let him choose his PJ's..someones ready for Christmas!!


Close up..as soon as I started icing the head I could tell it was going to crack in half...and all my attempts to save it were futile....I added the large tongue to try to cover the broken face...other then the face cracking into..super simple cake!!

0 comments: