Friday, December 4, 2009

Sometimes this parenting thing is a riot..

Every parent has a list of funny things their kids do..and to each parent, their kid is the funniest..I am no exception! Charlie has been keeping us entertained!
**********
We have been working on "tone"..he knows his manners, but screaming "No thank you" while ferociously waving his finger at you, not that finger, is not really polite. So we have been practicing being a sweet boy and watching his tone. The other day I got on to him for..pick something..and he pointed his finger at me and told me "Mommy, watch your tone"..nice huh..
**********
Charlie has never been a great sleeper. I still wont say he sleeps through the night. He will go a few weeks sleeping great at night and out of the blue wake up crying. About 2 weeks ago he started crying when we put him to bed cause there were "monsters in his room" (how does he even know what a monster is????) The monster thing went on for about a week and a few nights ago he started crying so I went up there. When I came in he was crying for Daddy, surprise I know. I told him that Daddy was not there, but he kept asking for him. So finally I said "Charlie.Daddy.is.not.home...his response.."Then who is the man in my room"
Are you kidding me....
So, now I am freaked out cause now I want Daddy home too! Charlie asked me to sleep in his room and you can bet I did..no way was I hanging out by myself downstairs with "some man" in the house!!
************
Last night we were leaving my moms house and I told him to tell my mom thank you...he turned around and coyly said "thanks baby".....stud muffin
*************
He randomly asked me if Santa would bring him a baby sister...in hopes to avoid Santa letting him down, we advised him to ask for a train! He ask me at least once a day "you got me a baby sister yet?" I always tell him I am working on it, so now he randomly ask me "you working on a baby for me"...hope that sentence does not scar him for life!
*************
On Thanksgiving he got his eye hurt and was being a bit over dramatic, no clue where that comes from, so I told him he was fine and to "suck it up". Hours later when it was determined that his cornea was scratched, he turned to Bradley and said through his tears and whimpering "Daddy, my Mommy told me to suck-it-up" insert big pouty lips and sad, puffy eyes here. We laughed at him which was a HUGE mistake. When we got to my Granners for Thanksgiving lunch he may have told more then one person to suck it up...quality parenting right there!
***********
Charlie, like most 2 yr old, has moments where he..um, just freaks out. So, my quality parenting may have told him more then one time to "Stop Freaking Out"...I was getting on to the dogs and may have not been using my sweet girl tone and was told by Charlie to "Stop Freaking Out Mom"..um, since when am I Mom???
*************
We have been working with Charlie and teaching him that he has 2 mommies and 2 daddies. He has now told the man at Home Depot, the ATT Uverse man and the exterminator that he has 2 mommies..don't you want to know what they are thinking when he tells then that! When he does it, I like to work into the conversation the word "husband" and not partner!!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

He cracks me up all the time! Such personality.And, the 'man in the room' reminded me of the scariest movie I have ever seen... where the heroine is getting threatening phone calls and the 'operator' (tells you how old the movie is) tells her the call came from her home! I would have crawled in bed with him too. AND, I don't just let anyone call me 'baby'. Love everything about that boy.

Jodi said...

I love everything about him too!!! Oh my goodness, those were some GREAT ones! :) And I think your parenting is stellar.... tellin' it like it is. But don't you wish they didn't have to repeat EVERYTHING?!?! :) Hug him from me! And still praying around here as you are "working on that baby sister." Ha!!

Katie said...

Those are hilarious. And it's awesome you're writing these things down. I always forget! That two mommies thing is seriously funny. I'd just smile and make them wonder. ;)

MELANIE said...

hehehehe I'm laughing at a lot of those but the 2 mommies thing is pretty funny. He's so stinkin' cute! :)

Emily said...

Those stories are so funny. They totally cracked me up. Hope all is well with you guys.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.