Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our weekend..

This weekend we went back to the deer lease for our last trip this season. Each time we go we have so much fun during the day..the nights are a little rougher!! Charlie has never slept in our bed at night..he was only in our room for about 2 weeks...we each need our own rooms at night!! He doesn't like to hear us roll over nor do we him..by we I mean ME!! Bradley usually sleeps through everything, but Charlie hears every move we make and I hear his! I am always glad to get home to our own beds. But you cant beat a weekend of hunting and riding the 4 wheelers. Charlie rode for the first time and loved it!! It was an instant nap! These pics are out of order, but whats new... He is starting to build a loving relationship with his bitter biscuits..he was not sure what to think the first few days. Now he is able to hold them himself and get them to his mouth on his own!! These are the organic ones..yes, I am that person...and they do not seem to fall apart and make a mess like the regular ones..just a thought!
Look no hands..Mommy's hands that is!! He can hold it on his own, but the more fulfilled he gets the lazier his hand get! These may be my new favorite pajamas!!

I tried to get more of his outfit on Monday..he looked like such a big boy!
I love this picture..I took it trying to get a close up of his eyelashes. They were so short when he was born and they have gotten so long now..long for him at least! I am surprised he has his paci in his mouth in this picture. He is developing a love/hate relationship with it. He usually wants to chew on things so he will literally spit the paci out across the room..well, maybe not across the room, but far!
This was Charlie hunting with us..not sure why I did not rotate this pic.. the ear muffs crack me up. When we put them on him in the blind we both were dying laughing..I was surprised he did not wake up!! We went out to shot a doe..girl deer.. and I was hesitant to take Charlie cause of the noise. Have no fear..I shot twice..and hit both..and he never even moved. I was looking at the deer through my scope and just wasn't sure if I should shot with Charlie in the blind with us so I said a prayer. "Lord, if this is not good for Charlie please let the deer run off and then I will know not to shoot"..and with that 2 deer ran off...but not the one I had my gun on about to shoot...seriously.. I then asked God to be a little more specific..no one moved, so I shot!! And Charlie slept peacefully..sure hope God doesn't get put out with those prayers!! I know God just wants to say "Bless your heart" to me sometimes!!!
My boys!! Charlie woke up when we went to track the deer..we did not have to go far!


Sleeping peacefully before the ear muffs!
Love all these next black and white ones with Bradley and Charlie..


Alicia was nicer then mommy and let Charlie play with her hair..which he loves to do!!
He will love me for this picture when he gets older!!...Sr slide show!!



***********WARNING************
Dead animals below
I know this picture is gross, but Alicia and I have had this picture like this many times over the years..it's tradition!! It was a good weekend for both of us..we each shot and killed!! I know that sounds harsh to "non-hunters", but our deer lease is managed by a game biologist..they tell us how many male and female deer to take off each year to prevent starvation during the spring. If your going to die..my way sounds better then starving!And I will leave you with this picture!!! Pardon my look..remember..it's the deer lease not the prom!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, you silly girls and your dead animals. I will choose to say "thank you for not letting them starve." :)

Great great Charlie pics, as usual. I loved your praying about your shot... made me feel better about some of my prayers. I laughed out loud reading the "bless her heart" comment... I can so relate! But I figure God wants to be my best friend, and so He must want me to be real with Him! :)

Glad y'all had fun! I am hoping to come to Ft Worth this weekend, so hopefully I'll see ya!

Tracy said...

love all of the pictures! ...and yea for charlie holding his own bottle! that's always nice!

John and Bevin said...

As always, I love seeing new pictures of you and the boys! Time at the deer lease looks like a blast!
Kiss Charlie for me! Miss you lots!
Love you!

Krystal said...

Love the pics, as always! I love that you ask for God's help in all your decisions, even the smaller ones. I wish I did more!!

Krystal said...

oh, and thanks for the info on the organic biter biscuits. Kaity loves them and you are very right that they don't fall apart as quickly. I only gave Hannah one of "the other kind," and promptly threw the entire box away. What a mess!!! I swore them off for Kaity, but since she has been teething for so long, I've felt sorry for her. She loves the earth's best ones

Abbe said...

Love the ear muffs. Can't wait for that picture to resurface in about 16years, he will be so proud....
I'm glad y'all had fun at the deer lease!