Sometimes..against my better judgment, I just ignore the quiet. Lets be real..if it's quiet, I better enjoy it for that tiny moment because once I find the source of the "quietness"...I will inevitably loose my mind.
I knew Harper Jane was WAY to quiet outside in the tree house, but I was cooking dinner and dadgumit, I needed 10 min of quiet time to get it done. Well, hope it was worth it because that 10 minutes cost me a night of bathing everyone by myself...not an even trade for 10 min!!
"Sure guys..fill up the pools and strip down to your underwear and play...mama needs just 5 more minutes for dinner". Never mind the fact that our new neighbors were in their backyard and we came off as very white trash...I got an extra 5 minutes and IT WAS WORTH IT PEOPLE!!!
You want to play "potty" and destroy a roll of toilet paper.....have at it..I just got 5 minutes to sit quietly and check Instagram...well worth it peeps:)
You want to dump oatmeal all over your head and let it run all over EVERY part of your body...have at it...I just ate breakfast in silence...WORTH IT!
I will gladly take my 5 minutes here and there...sometimes those small moments are what get me through the day without killing anyone:)

1 comments:
Amen sister! I have too many of those moments to count.
Post a Comment