Monday, September 16, 2013

shut up, my baby turned 6!

First off, these pictures are all out of order..and I am to lazy to change that.  If that bothers you..then I am questioning our friendship.
So, Charlie's 5th birthday was a bust..lame, no party..we SUCKED as fun parents last year.  It wasn't for lack of trying but nothing worked out and we could not give him the party he wanted (a superhero party out in the woods which was out due to extreme heat and west nile virus.)
Anyway, so we decided this year that whatever kind of party he wanted he was getting.  After ignoring all my nudging's to have the party at Urban Air (a trampoline place) we went with his request...a army party.  Which I helped mold into a boot camp themed party.  He had fun so that's all that matters, right!
You had to get your face painted to start boot camp!

We had an obstacle course set up in the back yard with 7 stations you had to get through.  This one was swinging over the poisonous and scary alligators, snacks and spiders...if you look hard you can see some of them:)

Group photo on the "wall" they had to climb over.
 
I think this is me giving them the run through on the course!
 
The peanut gallery:)
After they got in the ice bath they slide down the slip and slide...slip and slides are always a hit!



The ice bath...they maily dipped their toes, but I think a few brave ones set down!!  I had 10 bags of ice in this thing...it was cold people!!!
Sweet girl had to get her face painted too!!
Last station was the mud pit..there were army men in the mud and you had to rescue your fallen soldiers and bring them to safety!
Or pick up the mud and throw it at your mommy..whatever!
Family shot!!  This is one that is just "us"...cute, but a little dirty! 

Even the babies got painted up!
Right after the obstacle course finished we had a downpour...like a ton of rain for August.  I guess I should be happy that we at least got he the obstacle course, but I still had nerf guns for everyone to play with and have a shooting party with:(

Dinner and cake!


Sweet girl can eat watermelon for HOURS!!!

Camo cake made by yours truly...and it tasted like it!



So, the nerf party that was supposed to happen outside...took place in my house.  AWESOME, right?!?!?!

Thought this was a great shot!!

So this is a picture I texted to mom and Amber (who were in Alaska) and it said "I am killing this cake..where are you two when I need you!"  It started off rough peeps, real rough!!

The cake ended up like this and if I was a better mom I should have totally made another one and perfected it the second time..I totally figured our all my mistakes, but I threw in some ice cream with first one and called it a good one!!

I liked this edited shot!
On his birthday weekend we ate Hibachi for lunch after church on Sunday..those kids love those chop sticks..but those things are NO good!!  There was more rice on the ground then any where else!




On his actual birthday he woke up to this!! Have I mentioned I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!!!!!
 
Happy 6th birthday Charlie!  You are everything I dreamed you would be and more!

0 comments: