I figured it was time for an Easton update! East is 16 months old and continues to be the worlds easiest and happiest baby:) I think its safe to say that he has more then made up for those rough few first months! I still describe Easton as super laid back..and most of the time it serves him well. He doesn't get mad, sad or frustrated easily. He goes along with pretty much anything we ask of him and really never gives us any difficulties.
The only time it does not serve him super well to be that laid back..when it comes to walking and talking....homeboy is so laid back, the world lazy was once uttered!! I say he is laid back, but when he wants someone/something he can crawl 90mph to get there..so he can be speedy..when he wants to be.
My pedi...I love him...and he compliments my personality so well. He is super laid back, I know, shocking that I am not. Well, laid back pedi finally said that it was time to get ECI..Early Childhood intervention...involved. I'll go ahead and stop you from your next sentence "Oh, he is fine (insert random child name) didn't walk till they were (insert age beyond now)". It's not that he is just not walking..its that he has missed a few or more milestones along the way and even after getting his MSPI under control, getting ear infections under control and getting tubes..he is still missing milestones....and not just the big ones like walking.
I have always thought that he is just fine..that he is still healing from his rough start and ear infections..and that he is a laid back second born who is in no hurry..cause if mamma/daddy doesn't do it..Charlie will! I feel like he is 100% fine. But I want to give my children every chance to be 100% in all they do..so if help is offered and someone thinks he will benefit from it..I'm on board.
We had our first ECI visit last week and she said numerous times.."He looks great. I am not doing the full evaluation this week, but he looks great". I think she agrees that the MSPI, ear infections and tubes played a part in it all...in addition to being a second born! She did see a few areas that were behind and some that were quite a bit ahead..so we all think that with the right tools..he will be flyin in no time!! My back would appreciate the break from carrying around 30 lbs!!..and I would love to hear him call me mamma before he turns 2:)


3 comments:
Carly gets ECI, too! She does PT and development. She will need speech, too. Keep us updated on how it goes.
Of course, I am a HUGE proponent of ECI. Hope it goes GREAT and he FLIES through those milestones! Keep me posted on how things are going.... :) You are a FABULOUS Mom.
I knew this kid named Jim that 14 before he walked. ;)
Post a Comment