Monday, September 22, 2008

Palm Springs...the first half of the trip!!

We just got back from a week in Palm Springs..it is always such a treat to have a week off of work!!! We went with all the Ways and it was a GREAT week!!! This is day one after bath night....Ange looked great in every picture..this kids were a little harder to get!! If you heard the noise I was making then you would understand the kids expressions a little better...amber, you know the noise...I stole it from you!!!
Proof!!!! We have proof that the girls were sweet to each other!!! Just teasing girls!!!
Uncle Sandy and Aunt Marcia were there the week before us. Uncle Sandy searched for golf balls each morning and came up with 48..or 50. He left Bradley the challenge to "Beat that"...so you know where we were the first morning...and following mornings! There were usually geese on the course each morning to help us out so we can now add "What does a duck say"..to our list of animal noises that we know!



Daddy's little helper!
Has anyone seen "I am Legend"?? The kids loved to play behind the curtains..but this creepy picture reminded Bradley and me of "I am Legend"The ottoman served as a great toy holder and often Libby holder!!

Laura and Libby at our daily pool time!!
Daddy and Charlie having some pool fun!!
They had one slide at the hotel and I think the parents enjoyed it as much as the kids did!! Charlie usually had his concerned look on his face, but we found out that if one of us greeted him at the bottom he quickly had more smiles on the slide!
Laura and Libby on the slide..Charlie and Daddy has just gone!
Playing in the ice cold water....by day 5 Charlie had kinda warmed up to it!!

We went to the Living Dessert Zoo..a zoo in the dessert was new for us..and HOT!!! It was a long time before we saw an animal that wasn't a longhorn..so when we saw these pigs the kids had fun!!

He sees the camera and male instinct kicks in and he looks the other way!!
Here is our very poor attempt to get a picture of the kids together..they all turned out like this!!
Derrick, Laura and Libby.


The giraffes were by far our favorite..cause we got to feed them!! You just went through the line to feed them and they totally encourage you to keep going through until all the food was gone. I think we went through like 4 times!

Look at that tongue...NASTY!! And it felt just as nasty!

This was the fourth time..he finally felt comfortable enough to feed the giraffe himself.

I don't know the woman feeding, but I love his pointing!! Side not..Charlie points all the time and he recently learned that a cow says "Moo"..so don't be offended if you are the one he points at and says "Moo"..he did this in the airport!And this is his tantrum..apparently NO ONE told me that 13 months is the new 2...Nice.

He felt more comfortable touching this giraffe!!
His Mutti got him and Libby a giraffe and I love to tell him to love on it...he hugs it tightly and says "Uh, Uh, Uh". (that is so not how you spell what I am saying , but I have no idea how to spell what I hearing/saying in my head!!)

6 comments:

Amber said...

YEAH!!! New pics. Libby has changed so much. I like the giraffes, I hope you had hand sanitizer, knowing you...you did!

I like the curtain picture, but I've never seen I am Legend.

If Charlie wants to see a cow up close and personal, send him to Florida! I'll just pretend I'm hearing Amber instead of Moo!

Tracy said...

Love all of the pics. Looks like yall had a good time.

Love the water slide :)

I saw Charlie the other night at my parents house. He is sooo cute!!

Cheryl said...

Your pictures are so great! I HAVE to know what kind of camera you have!

Alicia said...

Love all the pics...except the one with the giraffe tongue. UGH

Being a Star said...

Marissa's favorite animal is "af". Charlie is getting so big..great pics so far from your trip.

Anonymous said...

love yourtits mum